Below is a message that many of you have read already, but we as coaches were asked to send it out as well, mainly for those that may need to get things out of your locker in the locker rooms. With that, if you are one that still has your uniform, know that you are currently fined $120, but if you can bring that in tomorrow and drop it off at the activities secretaries desk it will be cleared. Thanks and I hope all the best for all of you!! Denny
Coon Rapids High School Families,
To be ready for distance learning on March 30, we are asking students and families to pick up personal items at school tomorrow Wednesday, March 25th. Students will be allowed to enter the building through the new main entryway to gather their materials (personal property in school and athletic lockers, musical instruments, etc.) and then immediately exit the building. Staff will be present to help ensure social distancing recommendations are followed and to assist in gathering belongings as efficiently as possible. If you already have what you need, please do not come to school. See specific pick up schedules below.
The pickup schedule has been created to:
- Minimize the number of people in and near the building at one time
- During pick up, we ask students and families to:
- Keep at least six feet of distance between them and others during the pickup process and stay home if sick.
- Move quickly and efficiently to pick up what they need. This is not a time to socialize with friends. We ask parents to remind their children of this before they come to school.
- Only pick up what is essential for learning in the coming weeks. We continue to work from the assumption that school will resume sometime this spring. If it doesn’t, there will be another opportunity for families to pick up other materials at a later date.
Coon Rapids High School Pick Up Schedule
8:30 am - 9:45 am Student last names beginning with A-E
9:45 am - 11:00 am Student last names beginning with F-J
11:00 am - 12:15 pm Student last names beginning with K-O
12:15 pm - 1:30 pm Student last names beginning with P-T
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Student last names beginning with U-Z
Lastly, we hope that this message finds you and your family well. We know how quickly all of our lives have changed and how difficult this is for our students, parents/guardians, staff and community. We did not anticipate the school year having this challenge, and as our staff plans this week, we will be communicating ways for us to work together to support academic as well as emotional needs for our students.
Know that we miss seeing our students at school, but we will embrace this challenge as CR|ONE TEAM and support each other through it. Above all, please be safe and take care. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out- we are here to help.
CRHS Administrative Team and Staff