Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Season Update

 I don't have much of an update right now.  The school board did vote last night to have activities continue, however  " They further stated they would seek clarification from state leaders about how to apply local data to the decision. " 

This means that we are one step closer to having a ski season, but we are not in the clear yet.  We are expecting to have meetings with our AD's throughout this week to discuss what the MSHSL has decided.  There is still a chance that they will shut as down, as it does go against their previously stated policies that they have been following up until now in the school year with districts that have their County Covid case #'s above the "hybrid or in person" threshold number. I do not want to sound negative, but I want to make sure that we are not getting too ahead of ourselves, YET just based on what the school board passed last night.  We will get answers, just not immediately. 

With that, we will have an informational meeting Wednesday and Friday mornings at 7:15 in the auditorium at the high school for those students that are in the building that day. It will give me a chance to explain more to the current skiers as well as those interested in joining. If your student is not able to make it to these meetings, I will be putting the info being handed out on the blog. 

Thanks for your patience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment